CURRENT RECOMMENDATIONS: None - Take the self-assessment.
Professional Help: Where Can I Find Help?
IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS:
- Call 911
- Go to your nearest emergency room
- Call the Veteran's Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1. (For Spanish call / Para Español llamar 1-888-628-9454)
- Go to Veterans Crisis Line 24/7 to chat live with a crisis counselor.
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Find a VA Medical Center or Vet Center for mental health services at VHA Facilities Locator.
- Use the VA PTSD Program Locator to find a specialized program.
- Give an Hour offers free mental health services to U.S. military personnel and their families.
- Vet Center Combat Call Center enables combat veterans and family members to talk with other veterans about issues they are facing 24/7 at 1.877.222.VETS (1-877-927-8387).
- Call Safe Helpline at 1.877.995.5247 for 24/7 confidential one-on-one help for victims of military sexual trauma.
- Call National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1.800.799.7233 for 24/7 help with crisis intervention, safety planning and referral for victims of domestic violence.
- Departmet of Defense Outreach Center for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury offer 24/7 information on psychological health and TBI issues and resources by phone at 1.866.966.1020, online chat or email.
- Mental Health Services Locator provides information about mental health services and resources.
- Sidran offers a referral list of therapists, as well as a fact sheet on how to choose a therapist for PTSD.
- Military OneSource offers 24/7 face-to-face counseling, telephone and online consultations and resources at 1.800.342.9647.
- WWP Resource Center helps warriors and family members identify resources to meet a wide range of needs at 888.WWP.ALUM (997.2586).